CFL's with a generator

I replaced all my incandescents with CFLs. With the recent power outages here (Ohio) I bought a generator and was wondering if the CFLs can handle the fluctuation of the generator.What I mean by the fluctuation is choke not being set right so you hear the motor speed up and slow down evey half a second
Typically, that's a governor spring that has lost some of it's bounce. The fluctuating is called "hunting".
Dunno how the CFL will handle it. Let us know?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
gore wrote:

You're in grave danger, the CFL's will all explode at the same time filling your home with toxic mercury vapor and billions of little ozones and polar bears will die.
[8~{} Uncle Monster
Ah, but he can always buy carbon credits from Al Gore, and all will be well.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
gore wrote:

I don't think momentary fluctuations will bother a CFL.
If you're worried, either repair the generator, put the lights on a UPS, or keep a few incandescent bulbs in the pantry.

Difficult to answer without knowing the range of fluctuation. CFLs should not be affected unless the flutuation is wide. As long as the voltage is between 100 and 125, I doubt there would be any problem.
I'd be more concerned with devices with induction motors, like a refrigeration compressor.

Check voltage, no electronics will survive a defective gen, and thats what you have.

Every extended outage costs me a bulb or two. Doesn't necessarily happen while on generator power, but shortly afterward - i.e. next couple weeks. Casualties are spread pretty evenly between incandescent and CFL.