CEILING FAN

My ceiling fan has started to "growl" on <LO> speed only.
Is this typically; the capacitor or a matter of lubricant ?
<rj>
Goedjn wrote:

It's not a single pole double throw switch. It's a switch that supports multiple forward speeds and a reverse speed.
This isn't as simple as a rheostat (variable resistor), since making A/C motors run at multiple speeds requires that you change the period of the electrical signal and not its amplitude.
And I have no idea how you make an A/C motor run backwards...
Randy
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 04:30:40 -0700, <RJ> wrote:

"The capacitor"? Huh?
Likely the bearings are going.
Linux Registered User #327951
Dan C wrote:

Greetings fellow linux user!! You don't find many of us, but the number is growing.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
Evodawg wrote:

Knoppix doesn't count :-(
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 14:07:37 +0000, Evodawg wrote:

Indeed it is. Greets.
Linux Registered User #327951
Dan C wrote:

Or line voltage has been altered.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

Lubricant.
Turn off the power - does it continue to growl? Then it's mechanical.
<RJ> wrote:> My ceiling fan has started to "growl" on <LO> speed only.

Perhaps you are just getting your ceiling fan confused with your dog ?
--
Marcus

I like people, they are bio-degradable !.