"Cedar" plank siding

Presently have cedar siding on my home. Planks about 4" wide and 8' long, tongue and groove, vertical orientation, stained a brown color. Time for a repaint or replacement and wondering if anyone has had a good experience with a similar composite.

Here is vertical T&G cedar siding, standard width (a touch under 4"). This lets the householder replace for himself any split or damaged boards (requiring however removal of the inside groove tongue on the last board of any repair: OK when fastened by ringed nails.) The exterior is stained (not painted) with a pigmented stain, every four to seven years depending on wear, applied by hand and brush. (This is best done in hot weather, alleviated by a pool on the property.) Pigmented stain also enables replacement by pine rather than cedar boards if necessary.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

I'd go with a solid acrylic stain, instead of paint. My place is wood, not cedar, but have used stain instead of paint. Very pleased with the results. BTW, used Benjamin Moore stain.