Cedar Deck Maintenance

My 5-year old cedar deck needs to be re-stained again. I sanded it down to bare wood a year ago, but already it's grayed over. I've been using Sikkens Cetol SRD (Cedar) stain. We live in Central Minnesota, and there are oak trees right next to the deck (they shed black stuff when it rains). Is there a brand of cedar stain that lasts longer? I've heard that Cabot is a good brand.
Any ideas?
Thanks! Scott

What went grey the decking, you should have recoated it before it wore off anywhere or started with 2 coats, Sherwin Williams deck cleaner is good on grey cedar, its Oxalic acid and maybe bleach. Clear coats dont last I would be recoating everything every year and the deck two coats or more, Cabots is good but clear coats dont last. Are you using oil products
On Thu, 14 May 2009 04:19:22 -0700 (PDT), ransley

The beauty of Cedar is you don't have to stain it. Cedar is maintenance free - stain is not. And by the way, axalic acid IS bleach. Most wood bleaches are OA. The old formula Thompsons sealer was good for cedar - the new stuff is good for nuthin.
I just pressure wash my cedar and Pressure Treeted yellow pine decks every year - and use a bit of chlorine bleach to kill off the green moss "slime" on the PT. I stained the cedar once - and then sanded it odd a year later and said "never again"