cat pee removal

Page 2 of 2

AMEN! i finally gave up and destroyed a rug............................... NOTHING helped!
. My problem is not the ordor in the house, flying/sticking hairs

I have some wipes for the cat that reduce shedding. You wipe the pet down once a week. It seems to help with the shedding, not sure if it's just the weekly 'baths' or if the product actually works like it says. Good result though. Theresa

I've been waiting for this very predictable post............................. ;)
I see a lot of posts bashing the malodorants, Natures Miracle etc..
1. Pet store products are grossly overpriced 1 quart of "non" concentrate is $8.00 to $12.00. Buy the same stuff at a janitorial supply where a quart of concentrate is $5.00 and makes several gallons.
*******You will need at least a gallon to properly treat one area.*********
2. Don't "spray" the stuff on - POUR IT ON!!!!! If the area still smells after it dries POUR IT ON AGAIN. It takes HUGE, HUGE, HUGE amounts of this stuff to remove the odor.
Carpet cleaning people will try to mix the malodorant in with their solution and then extract it out. This does not apply near enough malodorant to the problem area and doesn't leave it there long enough. Home users take their little quart or pint of spray and think they are liberally applying it and this doesn't work. #1 it's not enough product to treat the spot and #2 your hand would cramp up from pumping the spray bottle and become useless before you could apply enough product to work <G>.
Did I mention you need to apply a <***TON***> of this stuff for it to work? ****How many gallons in a ton? <he he he>
I treat homes all the time for resale to non pet owners, even pet haters and don't have call backs. We are treating a dog smell house today.
Craig in AZ
www.azcraig.us

A big bottle of OUT at Wal-Mart is less than $5.00.....maybe $6.00 (it's been awhile since I purchased any b/c you don't have to use a lot at one time), but it's very reasonably priced. Not that I'm discounting the product you're talking about, but seriously - OUT is wonderful and really works well w/out using *gallons* of it. Maybe you'd want to try it in your business.......might make for less work......
Nicole

Do you have some links to specific products you'd recommend? Preferably available via mail order?
www.dymon.com
Look for "Liquid Alive" or "Natures Way'
Craig in AZ
www.azcraig.us

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 08:39:10 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@epsno.com (Jedd Haas) wrote:

I had a passenger throw up in a rented plane once. Of course, it was my responsibility to clean. The owner suggested XO odor eliminator. Worked great.
A neighbor's tomcat peed in the seat of my truck. XO got it right out. I was sprayed by a skunk in the barn about a year ago. XO to the rescue. I'm allowed back in the house.