Castor Cups

Hi

I've just moved into a home with wood floors. It's great, apart from every time I sit in an armchair or couch, the castors work and it and I skate across the floor!!

I've tried the castor cups from my local hardware store but they are so shallow that the castors on the chair and couch just roll out of the cup and on to the floor ... and off we go skating again!

I need to buy some 1.75" / 45mm diameter plastic castor cups that are about

0.75" / 19mm deep. I've found the kind of thing that I need on a British web site
can't find a supplier here in the US.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks

Den Murray

While you are looking, also consider rubber instead of plastic.

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

Also do a Google search for Castor Cups or Rubber Castor Cups

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

but can't find a supplier here in the US.

for couches or chairs you don't move alot i would use felt. on kitchen chairs we put rubber tips on the ends. the kind you see on canes.

Reply to
dkarnes

| but can't find a supplier here in the US.

Good luck. The castor cups made today all seem to be cheap plastic and way too shallow. I tried several places to find some glass ones to put under my elderly father-in-law's bed to keep it from rolling around, but no luck. Then I tried to find rubber ones but no luck. All plastic.

And when I bought the plastic ones, the bed slid around freely on the rug. Within a day, the castor cups flipped up on their edges, and then the edges broke off. One cup just disintegrated.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Correct spelling for search: CastEr

Reply to
PhotoMan

Reply to
Axial

|Hi | |I've just moved into a home with wood floors. It's great, apart from every |time I sit in an armchair or couch, the castors work and it and I skate |across the floor!! | |I've tried the castor cups from my local hardware store but they are so |shallow that the castors on the chair and couch just roll out of the cup and |on to the floor ... and off we go skating again! | |I need to buy some 1.75" / 45mm diameter plastic castor cups that are about |0.75" / 19mm deep. I've found the kind of thing that I need on a British |web site |

|but can't find a supplier here in the US. | |Does anybody have any suggestions? | |Thanks | |D | |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B