Carrier Infinity HP

I'd like to hear from anyone who have had the above installed. Were there any problems in getting it to run right due to the more complex nature of the controller. Did the system save money or was the opposite the case. I'm considering one, and I'd like to hear a sample of opinions good or bad. Thanks

Reply to
as4603

I have installed an Infinity System.

They WILL save you money, but it depends on how long you plan on living in the house that you install it in.

What SEER system do you have now? If you are going from an 8 SEER to a 13 SEER you will see a good savings in your electric bill. It may not be true with every manufacturer, but when you start the jump ABOVE a 14 SEER, you have to really take into account the price of the unit compared to the amount your save on your power bill. In other words, they price you pay for , say a 16 SEER unit, may be so high that you would have to run it for 5 or

6 years before you would start to see the savings.

Just my opion, and it IS awfully late/early and I should be in bed (and may regret what I posted come morning time....)

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

How much they run depends on your local climate and how they are sized. You need to have a proper load calculation done.

At my old company we had a Lennox 2-speed heat pump at the shop. We had elapsed time meters on it. It ran 5 hours in low speed for every hour in high speed averaged over 3 years. In 3 years, it had less than

20 hours of strip heat operation even including defrost.

Multi speed units are normally rated using hi speed operation. In low speed the efficiency ratings would be even higher. Recommended.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

We're starting to look at the Infinity and especially the Performance series from Carrier, but nowhere can I find how MUCH these systems run. Someone will be coming out later in the week, but GENERALLY, can anyone say what the Performance 11-14 or Infinity systems run? Thank you.

Reply to
Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson, are you asking about prices?

Reply to
as4603