Carpeting basement floor

Hi,
We're finishing our basement and turning it into a rec room. We want to put carpet everywhere (except the bathroom, utiltity room and laundry room) which is about 800 square feet. We were going to go with a berber and a mid-grade underlay, but someone mentioned that "KangaHYDE" was the best for basement floors since you're laying it right onto concrete.
Does anyone have any comments/suggestions.
Thanks,
Jackie

put
for
Any idea what the moisture level is in your concrete slab? Regular carpet doesn't do well with long term exposure to moisture - the latex softens and the carpet's face pulls away from the backing.
Kanga, Enhancer, or any of the other expanded polyurethane foam backings are better over a damp slab.
Kyle the carpet guy...
Thanks so much Kyle. We live in Winnipeg, Manitoba which is known for it's wet basements (the entire city is pretty much built on a flood plain) so I could say that our moisture level would be relatively high, I just don't know how high.
Thanks again,
Jackie

and
are
Typically, the moisture will pass through the floor and through the carpet. I think that the worst thing you can do is to put down anything that will interfere with that natural flow. That's when you will see dampness and even little puddles trapped on the floor. Berber should work. MLD

room)
best
carpet
You could put down this new bubble flooring the finish with plywood,it has about a 1/4 inch bubble and lets the water seep underneath it.Tom
Michael wrote:

I have found over the years that putting a layer of poly on top of the concrete sealing the seams and around the perimeter works the best. Then you cna use a normal pad and never have to worry about moisture making the carpet smell of mildew like most do.