Carpenter Bees HELP

Page 2 of 2

Maybe the dark colors look more like tree bark to the bees. They must've burrowed somewhere before people began building dwellings. Probably trees. :-)

Your response brought a smile.
My dad died in 1990 and he kept a badminton racquet hanging on a nail just outside the back door. He often commented on the satisfying "Ping" that a carpenter bee made as he fired it over the fence into the neighbors yard. Their tendency to hover in one spot makes them an easy target.
John
The Real Tom wrote:

Badminton racket.

Thank you. You just gave me a fantastic idea with regard to neighborhood dogs and their low-life owners. This could really help my image problem. I've been looking for a new way to project insanity. :-)

ha cute!
:)
On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 03:29:00 GMT, "John] "

HA HA HA!
Now this story made me laugh!
later,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com
In article "John]wrote:

Don't all sensible homeowners?

It so beats the running-out-with-the-caulk-gun method. Plus, the neighbors see you wailing away at nothing with a badminton racket and think twice about tossing their yard debris over your fence.

I've also used a broom with a slightly shorter than normal handle.
Funny thing is , instea of launching them , it seemd to "shatter" them............just a puff of bee parts. every now and again, one wouldn't shatter, but would hit the fence so hard it shattered him.
Either way was good for me. I had to remove the old fence and start over because of the bees...........
Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
MUADIB