Car wash

I guess you have a "special" power washer, my Karcher says not to use HW, did you read the manual.
On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:55:48 -0500, Van Chocstraw

Hot water or pressure washers are not good for washing cars. I use a lawn sprinkler to wash away the road salts--easy to pull it slowly under the vehicle.

Here in Maine the carwash has warm water for the pressure washers as well as the drive thru part...Never seen a broken window despite sub-zero temps....The rocks that are suppose to be the sand they put on the roads are a different story...The glass companies are BUSY this time of year...
I don't have a pressure washer YET but is it true you can't run hot water thru them ????

The pump is cooled by water, pumps generates alot of heat getting water to pressure, I guess if you monitored the pumps design temp it wouldnt hurt, but winters cold wont allow it to overheat and doing a car wont be for hours and hours with real hot water.

The pump is cooled by water, pumps generates alot of heat getting water to pressure, I guess if you monitored the pumps design temp it wouldnt hurt, but winters cold wont allow it to overheat and doing a car wont be for hours and hours with real hot water.
Thanks, that's exactly what I was wondering...The water would cool down quite a bit in the hose thru the snow...LOL...
The pressure washer I bought, years ago. Said not to run hot water, cause the water flow cools the pump. I'd be more worried about the pump than the window.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 01/13/2010 09:02 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

On 01/12/2010 10:58 PM, ransley wrote:

Mine says cold water only but I thought that meant that it was not capable of producing hot water like some do. So what about the pumps that produce their own hot water with gas or oil hookups? Their pumps get hot? How about steam ones? So why would 120 degree water from a tap cause my little Huskey 1550 washer to fail?
On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:50:36 -0500, Van Chocstraw

The "proffessional" pumps used in carwashes can handle 185F without problems, but they are close to a thousand bucks each. The $99 China specials have enough trouble handling cold water - and the "steam jenny" type cleaners (Generally) pump cold water through the flash coil under pressure.
I've used cheap (relatively) pressure washers with roughly 150F water without problems in the past.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

Why?
I live on the other side of The Pond!

It's bad weather on both sides.