cap shingles, prevailing winds, socal

Hello,
here's a quick question for contractors in southern california. I'm told that cap shingles should be installed so that the overlaps face into the prevailing wind. Here in San Diego our prevailing winds are from the west however occasionally we get very much stronger winds from the east, the santa ana. Would you run your caps facing into the west, i.e. the prevailing wind, or into the east to counter the stronger if rarer wind.
Or does it not really matter?
thanks ml