Can You Apply Lawn Fertilizer and Grub Control At Same Time??

Not sure if this question has been asked here already, but just wondering if you can apply lawn fertilizer and a separate grub control product at the same time. A few days ago, we just applied the "Scotts Super Turf Builder Summerguard - With Bug Control To Kill Ants, Fleas, and Ticks" which is a 30-0-4 formula. We also have a bag of the "Bayer Advanced Season Long Grub Control Plus Turf Revitalizer" which is a 6-0-1 formula.
The "Scotts Summerguard" doesn't kill grubs, and so we have to use the separate grub control. to try to kill the grubs, because last September we had a pesky skunk that ripped up and mutilated our yard every night last September, October, and November.
On the back of the "Bayer Advanced Grub Control" bag, it states that the product has to be applied before August 15th. So my question is, should we wait another week or so before applying the grub control, or can it be applied now? The "Scotts Summerguard" has 30% percent nitrogen, and the "Bayer Grub Control" had 6% percent nitrogen. If we apply the "Bayer Grub Control" right now, won't that be too much nitrogen ( 36% percent nitrogen in one weeks time ), for the lawn to handle??
Any advice would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks!
On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 17:22:29 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (MICHELLE H.) wrote:

"At the same time?" No, they have to be applied separately. ;-) A couple of days apart, sure. A couple of minutes apart, most likely. Read the directions. 6-0-1 isn't going to harm anything. That's the same as adding 20% more of the fertilizer; not even a quarter-notch on the spreader.

Yep, good idea. I gotta get out and nuke the ants but it's too hot this week.

Those application times aren't cast in concrete but I wouldn't worry about the tiny bit of added fertilizer but I would read the instructions first.

Read the instructions. ;-)
Thanks for all of the great information, it is appreciated! Is it true, that with grub killer like "Bayer Advanced" or "Scotts Grub-Ex" that you have to water it in really well into the soil, with like 2 inches of water, in order for it to work? I have read online from other peoples reviews, that you have to use a sprinkler, and a empty tuna-fish or cat food can, and run the sprinkler until the can is completely full with water. But what about places where it is impossible to put a sprinkler for hours at a time, like on a small treebelt, or tiny front yard next to the public sidewalk? Using a garden hose and sprayer isn't good enough? Please let me know? Thanks!
On 8/3/2011 10:08 AM, MICHELLE H. wrote:

It won't care _how_ the water got there; the product directions will tell you just how much is actually needed--go by them for the specific product and application, _not_ what somebody on usenet says.
All you need is some way to ensure you've put on what you think you have and a way to make that at least reasonably uniform. The sprinkler is the obvious way for large areas.

Actually, the best grub, flea, etc control is a microscopic organism called, 'Beneficial nematodes'. Do a search on them. They work great and are available at nurseries.
Bob-tx