"can" lights -- advice

plan to install "cans" in the kitchen

I have a box (18) of par20 bulbs, so would like to use those

par20 seems more sized for a 5" can, but I'm not that opposed to a little imperfection of using a 6" can

my ceiling is 8' and countertops are standard, 3'

how far apart should the cans be to give good light? so 5' of travel and a 30 degree beam.

a little math suggests the 2 * tan15 * 5' = 2.67' (32")

is that accurate? other considerations

Reply to
coloradotrout

That's the dimension of the beams. However, placing them like touching circles of light may not be the best way to illuminate.

Consider (with circles larger)

O O O O O

and

O O O O O O

As well as various other patterns. It's probably easiest to arrange the lights on a table the same distance away from the wall as they will be from the countertops, and have a play.

Reply to
Ian Stirling