Can anyone recommend an air compressor with....

A horizontal tank aprox 30 gallons or so - oiled (preferably with wheels and a handle.) Electric 240V single phase. Max PSI (high as possible) but a working psi of 150 would be nice.
For home use only. (Does not have be Ingersol Rand.) Thanks for your help.
On 13 Dec 2006 17:12:17 -0800, poison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I bought the $99 Harbor Freight www.harborfreight.com model and wish I had paid a little more. It pushes the design limits on power and won't start at 90psi unless I have 120 volts power and an expensive extension cord.
They have some bigger and better units but of course cost more.
There are a couple of problems with horizontal compressors on wheels, big ones like you want are top heavy, so a wide base will be essential. They are also heavy, so normal wheels won't hold up long.
If you were close, I'd make you a deal. I have a monster 5hp 240v compressor on wheels, sort of, I lost interest in the project and moved on to vertical compressors, I've stripped a few plumbing pieces off of it, but it used to be my main unit & would power impacts & roofing guns. I bought a pair of 1" axle roller bearing solid wheels, like on rail road carts for the heavy end, but never got around to putting it all together.

Well, you live in North Texas, and he lives in Yahoo land. Aren't there a lot of yahoos in Oklahoma? Maybe you do live close.
I've seen some with pnuematic tires. I could see the ones on my small snow blower working just fine. I keep seeing various units but none that have all that I want. Campbell Hausfeld used to have a huge selection but when I go to their web site they don't have anything. I'm going to look at my "Direct Buy" club and see what they have for C.H.