Camry

Hi,
I tried calling Loretta but she was not available. I left a message for her to call me back.
Beforehand I had gone to the Honda website to look at colors. They are even more subdued than Toyota, so even if we were to look at the Hondas they'd have to stack up a lot of quality to ignore the colors.
Before calling Loretta I wanted to review my thoughts about the wheels and low profile tires. What I gathered from several websites was that
1. The pros are that they provide slightly better braking because they often are wider than regular profile tires. Additionally they give better handling because of the wider profile and because there is less profile a little better gas mileage. 2. However, the cons are that because their profile is is much smaller they give a harsher ride, are worse in winter, and very susceptible to road damage when hitting a deep pot hole, since there is less profile and room to flex. As a result wheels often get damaged . and alloy wheels are already prone to easier breakage than steel wheels.
So without taking into the negatives of the black dashboard, the chrome tipped exhaust pipe, running lights that stick out from the body to easily get damaged, red color that is a little too dark red, I think the low profile tires and alloy wheels are a big issue to negate getting this particular style car.
By the time I was finished writing Loretta called and I explained how the tires and wheels were enough to make me think twice. I gave her details about low profile tires as compared to regular profile ones. I explained that we were still in the market but we would not be interested in a Camry SE model at all but would look at the colors again. She said, in closing, that we would be hearing from her.
See you later,
Jan
On 6/14/2016 6:42 AM, Jan Alter wrote:

On 6/14/2016 8:49 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:

Well, she's recovered nicely from her hysterectomy but she still has urinary urgency and needs to stick with her Depends for awhile yet.
Hey! Who the hell are you? This is a PRIVATE, Personal conversation, butt out!
Jan Alter wrote:

There is no such thing as privacy on usenet . You stuck it out there where everybody can read and respond . Looks like you fucked up , eh ?
--
Snag

Why did you post a PRIVATE, Personal conversation on a public forum?
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 10:08:02 AM UTC-4, Jan Alter wrote:

Hey, you used "butt out" and "Depends" in the same post.
Maybe Loretta needs a different size?
On 6/14/2016 10:07 AM, Jan Alter wrote:

Found that using Thunderbird there is an ad on that puts red lines above and below to alert you that besides your friend, you are also posting to a ng.

Loretta is busy right now. I think she'd want me to reply for her.

You can make up for these two things by driving 2mph slower. More important is how pretty the car is.

Okay. Are we still getting together for drinks tomorrow night (Wednesday)? 6PM, right?

On 6/14/2016 9:42 AM, Jan Alter wrote:

Loretta called me yesterday, said you should buy American. The job you save might be your own. She also says her AA sponsor is so pleased with her, been sober for how long, now? She's also not throwing up at night.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 6/14/2016 12:30 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

US manufacturers are making cars in Mexico and Canada and selling them here. Even cars made here have foreign parts. I once knew an engineer that left Ford where his job was to fit a Japanese engine into US made car.
Jan and Loretta and every body else should know this.
On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 12:30:16 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

What fits your criteria of "buy American"?
Stolen without permission from:
http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/2016/q1/move-mexico-ford-no-longer-ma de-usa/
Fuzzy numbers
Here’s a trick question - how many Ford cars and trucks are manufac tured in the United States each year? That’s difficult to answer for two reason s. One, the company only reports the number of vehicles manufactured in each continent. In the case of North America, the number is 2.9 million, just under half of al l the Fords made in the entire world annually.
The other problem is that cars and trucks aren’t made in one spot a nymore. The parts are made in different factories and then shipped to an assembly plant in a separate location all together. And unfortunately, ‘American made ’ cars like Ford are no longer American-made.
Made in USA
According to the most recent results of Fortune Magazine’s annual l ist of American made vehicles, there are only seven cars or trucks actually made i n the USA. And none of them are Fords. To qualify as being ‘American made’, at least 75% of the vehicle must be manufactured in the US.
Forbes 2015 list of American-made vehicles:
1. Toyota Camry 2. Toyota Sienna 3. Chevrolet Traverse 4. Honda Odyssey 5. GMC Acadia 6. Buick Enclave 7. Chevrolet Corvette
On 6/14/2016 9:42 AM, Jan Alter wrote:

Hondas are boring. Camry a little less so. Take a look at Hyundai for a better value. www.hyundaiusa.com
The low profile tires look better.
Give my regards to Loretta. Hope she is doing well.

which CAN allow larger brakes to be fitted. Their only other advantage? is there is less sidewall flex, so the steering is a WEE bit mmore direct - slightly better handling "on the edge"
Drawbacks are more expensive rims, much more expensive tires, and a significantly higher probability that you will have to replace them both due to road hazzards. Also a less compliant ride.
An when I sat "more expensive" it is not small change..
All civic. Acords, Corollas and Camries sold in North America are made here as well as the majority of Hyundais