Burying Above Ground Pool

That's good. I jumped on you because it didn't seem you had any sort of fence at all. And I'' assume your fence is continuous all the way around the perimeter and you have a gate across the driveway(s). Otherwise I'd still say you need a pool fence with no gaps.

That's a relief!

Are these potentially life threatening or nearly so? Like an old fashioned bear trap? I don't know what the kinds of traps commonly used are...

Not a big deal to me. No one is going to accidentally slip into a trampoline and drown.

Well, that isn't really the point is it? Yes, I know you are exaggerating, but still. The point is: have you taken reasonable steps to ensure that someone does not accidentially get seriously hurt or killed. Think here of a stranded driver coming on to your property for help, at night. Or a hiker getting lost at night. Neither would crawl under your trailer, or jump on your trampoline. But either could easily miss an un-enclosed pool and drown.

Unless it were dark, and they didn't notice the pool and they were distracted by the bear trap on their leg.

Except that a judge wouldn't hold you responsible for the meteor. Just the pool.

-Kevin

Reply to
kevin

This is the kind of hysteria that has fallen on us. You need a 48" fence with a self closing, self latching gate around your pool but 5' away there is a sea wall and a dock out over the river that don't need any protection at all. I guess it is chorinated water that is dangerous. Salt warter is benign. I think the fence only makes the pool safer because it keeps the alligators that live in the river, out of the pool.

Reply to
gfretwell

Our bylaw also includes that the fence cannot be climbed by the average five year old child.

Reply to
benmoors

only because so many childern die in pool accidents every year. before the fencing regulations it was much worse.........

if you have the money for a pool then you can afford a proper fence...

kids are more attracted to pools since going in is what people do..

Reply to
hallerb

I think if you reread my post, you will notice a distinct lack of hysteria. In fact, I tried to provide some reasonable explanation and justification for my suggestions.

And speaking of hysteria, perhaps if you provided some better justification for your ideas you wouldn't have to resort to nonsense and exaggeration.

Reply to
kevin

Life is full of risks, its up to ADULTS, even those without children to minize those risks.

Theres LEGAL LIABILITY and PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY, having had a friend who accidently killed a kid, it wasnt her fault.

She has had a tough life dealing with it, never had any children herself, and all friends agree it ruined her.near 50 today..

leaving a trampoline unattended and a child bounces and breaks their neck, unable to move from the neck down for the rest of their life.

or drownd or worse half drown, living a comatose life for however long either survive, brain damaged.

have a pool with no fence even next to a river... someone dies you might get charged with a crime...

something to think about as you save a few bucks on the fence. the criminal defense lawyer to defend you will cost way more than the fence

Reply to
hallerb

This sounds more like a lawyer problem than a swimming pool problem. Why is the pool any more dangerous than the river?

... because you can't sue god for making the river. I live in a state where you are seldom more than a mile from a natural body of water. The real criminal act is letting kids who can't swim wander the streets.

To be perfectly clear, I do have legal barrier protectoin for my pool but god (or the state) was not obligated to fence the river, the lake, the bay or the Gulf of Mexico.

Reply to
gfretwell