Burying Above Ground Pool

Page 2 of 2
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 09:37:18 -0400, "Craven Morehead"

My inground pool has not had a "water replacement" since it was installed in the 1950's. Pool water gets exchanged through evaporation/ top up, and backwashing the filter/top up.
CWM
Charlie Morgan wrote:

Does cyanuric acid evaporate?

That makes sense.

Not all private pools even add cyanuric acid. I certainly don't. I add sanitizer in the evening, so the sun has little effect on it. As I said, I have never done a complete water change in 50 years, and my water tests fine.
I have a hot tub, which gets a complete water change every 3 months. It is covered when not in use, so evaporation is minimal, and the filters are paper cartridges that get removed and cleaned, so there is no backwash loss of water either. In the hot tub, I use a two part bromine, and the water does get saturated after a while to the point where the chemistry is less effective.
The buildup of cyanuric acid occurs over time because it does NOT evaporate nor does it preciptate out, therefore the filter system does not catch it. Occasional loss of water due to back wash, pump out and evaporation remove relatively small amounts of water so this build up is not affected much by these actions. Some users do not have this problem because they either use relatively small amounts of a sanitizing chemical or what they use does not contain a "stabilizer" (another name for cyanuric acid).
Obviously each pool situation is different. My comments were meant to inform, not be absolute.

In areas where freezing occurs, you're supposed to drain water to below the water inlet each fall.
That effectively replaces about 20% of the water each year.
Life is full of risks, its up to ADULTS, even those without children to minize those risks.
Theres LEGAL LIABILITY and PERSONAL RESPONSIBLITY, having had a friend who accidently killed a kid, it wasnt her fault.
She has had a tough life dealing with it, never had any children herself, and all friends agree it ruined her.near 50 today..
leaving a trampoline unattended and a child bounces and breaks their neck, unable to move from the neck down for the rest of their life.
or drownd or worse half drown, living a comatose life for however long either survive, brain damaged.
have a pool with no fence even next to a river... someone dies you might get charged with a crime...
something to think about as you save a few bucks on the fence. the criminal defense lawyer to defend you will cost way more than the fence

This sounds more like a lawyer problem than a swimming pool problem. Why is the pool any more dangerous than the river?
... because you can't sue god for making the river. I live in a state where you are seldom more than a mile from a natural body of water. The real criminal act is letting kids who can't swim wander the streets.
To be perfectly clear, I do have legal barrier protectoin for my pool but god (or the state) was not obligated to fence the river, the lake, the bay or the Gulf of Mexico.