Bulbs dont work in Malibu lights

I have a malibu light question. I moved into a house with numerous landscape lights. The bulbs seemed to have burnt out on about 1/3. I tried to replace the bulbs. Some bulbs replaced and worked. Many new bulbs did not work. Why not? It is not the wiring because some lights down the line works. It is sporatic. Why wouldn't a new bulb work in a fixture? Do you think I need to repace the whole fixture or could there be some simple problem?
These Malibu lights usually just connect to the zip lead with a piercing connection and that could be bad or you can have a corroded socket. Malibu lights are basically junk. Someone gave me a big box of them and I just swap them out when they go bad.

they connect with a 2 pronged attachment to the wire. these corrode out and the light stops working. also the light socket itself could be corroded.
Intermatic is really good about sending replacement parts. Below is from their website ... -- pj
"To speak directly to our technical and after sales support team call (815)675-7000 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. CT Monday through Friday."
(Sennin) wrote: I have a malibu light question. I moved into a house with numerous landscape lights. The bulbs seemed to have burnt out on about 1/3. I tried to replace the bulbs. Some bulbs replaced and worked. Many new bulbs did not work. Why not? It is not the wiring because some lights down the line works. It is sporatic. Why wouldn't a new bulb work in a fixture? Do you think I need to repace the whole fixture or could there be some simple problem?
One word probably, "corrosion." I have seen bad connections between the lamp and socket many times and I only have about 10 lights in my yard. In general, these things are built real cheap ... even the metal ones. The metal lights have even corroded and broke where the spike attaches to the pipe going up to the light housing.
pj wrote:

(Sennin) wrote:

There are electrical greases you coold pack in there, except the two contacts in the socket might be too close... presumably they would short.. I guess the min-breaker on the transformer would flip?