Bulbs dont work in Malibu lights

I have a malibu light question. I moved into a house with numerous landscape lights. The bulbs seemed to have burnt out on about 1/3. I tried to replace the bulbs. Some bulbs replaced and worked. Many new bulbs did not work. Why not? It is not the wiring because some lights down the line works. It is sporatic. Why wouldn't a new bulb work in a fixture? Do you think I need to repace the whole fixture or could there be some simple problem?

Reply to
Sennin

These Malibu lights usually just connect to the zip lead with a piercing connection and that could be bad or you can have a corroded socket. Malibu lights are basically junk. Someone gave me a big box of them and I just swap them out when they go bad.

Reply to
Greg

they connect with a 2 pronged attachment to the wire. these corrode out and the light stops working. also the light socket itself could be corroded.

Reply to
Charles Spitzer

Intermatic is really good about sending replacement parts. Below is from their website ... -- pj

"To speak directly to our technical and after sales support team call (815)675-7000 between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M. CT Monday through Friday."

In article , snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sennin) wrote: I have a malibu light question. I moved into a house with numerous landscape lights. The bulbs seemed to have burnt out on about 1/3. I tried to replace the bulbs. Some bulbs replaced and worked. Many new bulbs did not work. Why not? It is not the wiring because some lights down the line works. It is sporatic. Why wouldn't a new bulb work in a fixture? Do you think I need to repace the whole fixture or could there be some simple problem?

Reply to
pj

Reply to
Art Todesco

Art Todesco in news:nTQad.377357$Fg5.223722@attbi_s53:

Crappy zinc junk I guess..

There are electrical greases you coold pack in there, except the two contacts in the socket might be too close... presumably they would short.. I guess the min-breaker on the transformer would flip?

Reply to
Choise76Smu