Buidling plans: small portico / overhang

Hello

Over our back desk sliding glass goor we have an awning: 7 ft wide x 2 ft high, hanging out about 4 ft. Its seen better days, and has been bent multiple times from snow accumulation.

Want to built a nicer solid wood one with shingles,e tc. This seems to fall under the building class of a Portioc. While I have the awning as a rough design spec, I would really love to find a small building plan for this. I am pretty goot at DIY, but for this would need a plan to follow (to save 25 trips to home depot for mistakes ;^).

Search all the Buy Online Plans sites but cant seem to find anything for this seemingly simple project. Also dont really have an example in the neighborhood to go off of. Anyone know of a good plans site I might have missed?

Thanks Todd

Reply to
todd.roat

How about books? They still print them and many of the DIY store carry books with plans for decks and outbuildings so you may have better luck there.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The connection with the building is important. Most stock plans and project kits don't address this. Structure and flashing both need to be checked. TB

Reply to
tbasc