briggs & stratton engine

I am working on briggs&stratton motor.it has impulse fuel pump mounted on carburetor.i rebuilt pump twice.put kit in carb.replaced fuel line.i can prime and engine starts.when engine turns over i can feel vacuum in line to block.fuel line has gas to pump but no gas to carburetor.any way of testing vacuum line.or can some engine problem cause no pulse to fuel pump .engine is 402707 16 hp.built about

1993.type 1228-01. any advice would be appreciated.I have to get this old mower running.also how can i check for stuck or burnt valve.thanks fred
Reply to
fred

About 15 years ago I gave up on that same issue after going through all of that, and to save some grief, I installed a $30 12v electric fuel pump from Western Auto(now Advance Auto Parts). Worked like a charm after that. I sold that ~1985 model Craftsman mower(14hp Briggs v-twin) a few years later.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1