Brick over an old block extension

I have an old block extension on the back of the house and about 3 truck loads of old brick salvaged from a house built in the same year as mine. I want to cover the hideous block and insulate the room. I have done some searching and think I need to put up back tar paper first then the insulation then the brick? Should I dig out and pour a foundation for the brick? If so how deep? Can I use one string of bricks or does it have to be "tied" with two strings? The wall is about 10 foot long and 9 foot high at the back, 8 foot by 9 foot on the side and 10x9 on the front with a 6 foot by 4 foot window in the centre. I have enough brick to do the front and side and might have to stucco the back. All coaching much appreciated.
Mulan wrote:

Look at the BIA (Brick Industry Association) web site. The Tech Notes cover a lot of what you are asking. Also, look in the library for a basic masonry text. TB