Breaker reset question

I had a short in one of my circuits (now fixed I think). The breaker is one that has a red window that shows when it has blown. I reset the breaker by turning all the way off and then on. It didn't trip again, and all the plugs on the circuit are working normally. But the red window is still there. Does that indicate a continuing problem? If not, is there some way to reset it? Thanks.
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:51:35 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@houston.rr.com wrote:

I am guessing Square D The little plastic flag is stuck. It is not a serious problem but you might be able to break it loose by turning the breaker off and on a few times. This is a picture of a Square D GFCI but the breaker part and flag (in the upper left hand corner under the operating handle) works the same.
http://esteroriverheights.com/electrical/gfci.jpg
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:25:39 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Wow. It has a logic chip! This isn't your father's circuit breaker anymore!
mm wrote:

That's a GFCI breaker. The "logic chip" is for the GFCI function. The overcurrent function is still electro-mechanical / thermal (labeled "O/C device in the diagram).
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:07:14 -0700, M Q

Aha. Thanks a lot. I'll tell my father.