Breaker on #6 copper

Page 3 of 3

Yes, it is correct.
I did the same thing, ran a 60a circuit to my garage, and I regret to this day that I did not make it a 100A circuit.
Spend a few more bucks and get a 100A circuit. You can then buy some large equipment (welding, plasma cutters) and run them inexpensively.

If this is THHN/THWN wire in conduit you can use the 75c column of 310.16 (65a). If you are using a non-metalic cable NM-b or UF-b you are specifically limited to the 60c column (55a) but you can still "round up" so 60a breaker is OK either way. You can't use the 90c column (75a) because the breaker terminations are only rated 75c. The 90c column is generally only there for derating purposes.
Toller wrote:

If you have a 30A breaker already, use it. If it ever trips (or just before you sell the house), replace it with a 60A.
Bob