Bow in stud

I can't seem to find anything similar to this. If I missed it I am sorry. I have a couple of spots in my 22 year old home where it looks like the wallstud had bowed and you can see a vertical line in the wallboard. I am not sure if its at tape lines or not. They also don't run from ceiling to baseboard. Am I mistaken or is that pretty common? If it is common, how can it be fixed? Thanks for any suggestions. Dicky

Reply to
Dicky

Only 1 way to fix, and I'll bet you can guess what it is.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

It is not common for the stud to bow or warp after it is installed IF there is drywall on both sides. If the back side is not finished, nail a board or plank or almost anything to give it rigidity. If you have a structural problem like the roof being too heavy or some such, that's different.