boiler question

I have an oil fired boiler and am thinking of replacing it (25 years old) with a propane fired boiler. If I do this, I have about 450 gallons of oil remaining from the past season. What I am wondering is whether a new propane fired boiler can also use the remaining oil until it's gone and then switch to propane. Is there a different sort of jetting that can be done to switch from one to another or is this completely impossible.

thanks

Reply to
stonecreek

Stone,

No, you can't do that. Call your oil man up and see if he'll buy the oil. Also, the old oil tank is hazardous waste and should be disposed properly.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

There are duel fuel burners, but they are a specialty setup, usually for industrial purposes. The burner setup for oil is entirely different than for gas.

Your oil dealer will probably take the oil and has the equipment to pump it.. I have no idea about the cost for this though. The tank must also be disposed of properly, not just dumped. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski