blower runs continually

The blower on my OLD forced air natural gas house heater will keep running. Oddly, if I just gently tap the sheet metal housing next to the blower, it stops running? Is the fan limit switch getting stuck?

Reply to
jmkberks

Sounds like it ... or maybe it's right at the borderline of shutting off. Try adjusting it a small amount and see if that helps. It might.

Pop`

Reply to
L Ectro

Actually there are typically two switches in that assembly. The limit switch to turn off the burner if temps go past set-point, the fan switch to control fan relative to furnace temp. Some have two adjustments- obviously you want the one that's got markings in a reasonable range for discharge temp. If they're still visible.

barry