black pipe for water

PS: I somehow end up always needing a hammer to perform any electrical or plumbing job I do --- but I am never able to determine why it will be necessary in advance of starting the job.

Reply to
William.Deans

anoldfart wrote, but didn't archive: "Black pipe is for gas. Water contains gasses. Just allow the gasses in the water in those sections of pipe rather than the liquid water and you wont have any problems."

Now why wouldn't you archive that, man? That's funny enough! Tom

Reply to
tom

Correct. The guys at Lowes should have known that what you need is a Vaporizer. You need one for each section of black pipe. Insert one at the input end of the pipe, and the water will turn to gasseous vapor. On the output end you must use a devaporizer to turn the vapor back to liquid water. You will need to do this for every section of black pipe. Be sure you have one 50 Amp 240 VOLT electrical receptacle for each vaporizer and devaporizer, since both require a high amperage circuit. Be sure your home has a minimum 600 Amp service entrance, or 1000 amp if you run a lot of Christmas lights. You will likely have to rewire your house and have the electric company install a new transformer, larger wires to your neighborhood, and fire up another nuclear power plant.

Of course, your other option would be to take those black pipes apart and take them to a company that does electro-plating. Have them apply zink to the inside of those pipes to form a galvanized coating. While they are at it, they can also galvanize the outside of the pipe, or to save money, you can just paint the outside silver using aluminum paint. Then reinstall the pipes.

I should note that it may take several weeks for the plating company to retrofit their machines for your job, and you could be without water during that period. Therefore, you might want to purchase some temporary galvanized pipes of the same length and diameter to put into your plumbing system until your pipes are returned to you. Unfortunately you will not be able to return these "temporary" pipes because they are used, but you can always sell them on Ebay or rent them to a plumbing company for a 5 year lease, and the rental income will pay for the initial cost of the pipes.

[1] Of course you could check into the rebuilt water pipes (in another thread on this newsgroup). They could save you a few dollars.

I hope this helps.

[#] (optional)
Reply to
anoldfart2

Thanks Tom

As far as archiving I dont have any say in the matter, it's whatever my internet service does with it, unless there is some setting in Windows that I am not aware of.

Us old farts are not all that up on this computer stuff ya know...

Reply to
anoldfart2