Best Location for Dehumidifier

Personally I put mine where I can not hear it. And in the highest humidity area.

My parents furnace-a/c was in the basement and the dehumidifier was located next to the furnace with a hose going to the floor drain.

Air movement in your home will be important to eventually get a balanced level.

Reply to
SQLit

What is the best location for a dehumidifier? I have a two storey home (basement, main and top floor). My dehumidifier has both a direct drain and the drain to a removable container. The humidity in the house is approximately 61 % in the basement, 55 - 58 on the other floors. I have a wood floor on the main floor too that needs a uniform humidity. My dehumidifier can handle 55-58 litres per day (Danby DDR583R).

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
malam

Reply to
malam

55-58% humidity is not bad. Most methods of measuring humidity are not that accurate.

I would put it in the basement direct drain. I doubt if you will need anything else.

During the winter your humidity may go well below 50% Below 40% would call for a humidifier.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan