Best Location for Dehumidifier

What is the best location for a dehumidifier? I have a two storey home (basement, main and top floor). My dehumidifier has both a direct drain and the drain to a removable container. The humidity in the house is approximately 61 % in the basement, 55 - 58 on the other floors. I have a wood floor on the main floor too that needs a uniform humidity. My dehumidifier can handle 55-58 litres per day (Danby DDR583R).
Thanks for your help.

Personally I put mine where I can not hear it. And in the highest humidity area.
My parents furnace-a/c was in the basement and the dehumidifier was located next to the furnace with a hose going to the floor drain.
Air movement in your home will be important to eventually get a balanced level.
Thanks. I have the unit next to my furnace - a/c system in the basement too. I have a return air vent located in a top corner about ten feet away from the dehumidifier and I have that opened. However I am not sure how I can improve air movement in the house other than having the furnace fan running. I am watching to see if this will affect the dumidity on the top floors.

malam@@hotmail.com wrote:

55-58% humidity is not bad. Most methods of measuring humidity are not that accurate.
I would put it in the basement direct drain. I doubt if you will need anything else.
During the winter your humidity may go well below 50% Below 40% would call for a humidifier.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit