Best Driveway Joint Sealer?

I have large (1") joints between the concrete sections of my driveway. I tried that $2.97 grey goop from Home Depot, but it is not very durable. Has anyone had any better luck with something else?
Thanks,
Mike
Is it a big enough joint to use a bag of mixable add water cement and pour or stuff it in there? That would be pretty durable.
Dave

Tar. I've seen a black soft stuff that comes in rolls for commercial retaining wall joints. The advantage would be flexibility with freeze thaw & heat expansion.
Home wrote:

Neighbor used a Sackrete concrete mix for similar problem. Looks good after 3 years.