Benjamin Moore Paints

We're restoring a 1913 house in the Silicon Valley. The exterior clapboard is redwood, and any replacements we install will also be redwood. I've been given a recommendation by a couple of paints stores of Morwear Primer Xcel (exterior oil base primer with Busan) for the primer. Both paint stores also recommended Benjamin Moore paints, specifically Moorlife flat latex house paint 105 or Moorgard low lustre latex house paint 103 with Moorglo softgloss 096 for the trim. They carry other brands - one store recommended Pratt & Lambert and the other suggested Fuller O'Brien Weatherking II (663 flat, 668 low lustre). Are these reasonable recommendations?
-Beaglemom
On 14 Oct 2004 16:35:54 -0700, sundance snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (DJBeagle) wrote:

Yes. The Benjamin Moore is an excellent exterior paint. I'd stick with the same brand for the primer, even though it costs a few bucks more.

It was recommended to me by the former manager of a Sherwin Williams. It has been holding up well for me.
sundance snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (DJBeagle) wrote in message

i have used ben. moore paint inside and out for years and have found it as good or better than anything else on the market.
snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca (Fogbank) wrote in

I just got done having my house painted - 1903 brick (previously painted). The painters primed everything with Ben Moore's Fresh Start primer tinted to the finish color. I wanted 2 coats of the finish paint - Moorgard low lustre for the body and Moorglo softgloss for the trim. I am VERY happy with the results.
I have used Ben Moore along with other paint brands on the interior of my home. IMO, Ben Moore is the best quality and yes, you do pay for it. No, I'm not affiliated, just a very satisfied customer.
One hint - see if you or your painter can open a "contractor" or "charge" account at the paint store, which may offer you some sort of a discount.
Dee