battery powered flood lig

OrangeTrader:

O > I used to have this battery powered flood light. The battery is almost the O > size of a car battery and has a flood light attachment. When the power is O > out I turn it on it lite up the entire room real bright. I got it from O > Builders Square when it was still in business. I dumped it when the batter

O > ran out. O > O > Now I want to get something like this and Home Depot told me they don't O > carry it. Does anyone know a source of a good bright long lasting battery O > (rechargeable?) powered indoor light?

Check for "emergency lighting"; or "security lighting". Looked in the Northern Tool catalog (or northerntool.com) to find the following:

16195-1405: Emergency Light Turns on When Electric Power Fails, $34.99

(Hmmm: on the same catalog page there a "Fart Machine" 45140-1405 for $14.99!)

Back to the emergency lighting, the batteries are replacable -- I frequently go to Batteries Plus, sometimes bringing the old unit for them to recyle and to make sure I get one the same size and configuration ==> tab or screw connectors, their location.

We have ceiling-mounted emergency lighting at the store where I work

-- they only last a couple of hours. A dimmer (not as bright) light would last longer with the same battery (figure the amp-hours), naturally not give as much light but when it's dark a little light is relatively bright. You also might want to consider getting a solar recharger so you can recharge during the day when the power is out for an extended time. (No, solar panels won't recharge by the light connected to the battery connected to the recharger.)

  • Headline: Three Ambulances Take Blast Victim To Hospital
Reply to
barry martin