Bathtub Caulk

We replaced the surround for our bathtub. The installation guy naturally caulked the seams. Within a few months, the caulk started working loose. He cleaned it thoroughly and did it again. The caulk is now mildewing and cannot be cleaned.
Is there such a thing as a premium caulk? We never had this problem before.

Just a thought, stab in the dark really, but it's possible he/she/it used the wrong type of caulking.
On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 01:35:07 +0000, mcp6453 wrote:

He's not getting it prepped well enough. Also use mildew and mold resistant caulk. Acrylic latex is fine.

You go to Lowes, or HD, you have a wide selection of caulk. I'm guessing you got what ever was on the truck. Check the selection out.
tom @ www.URLBee.com