Bathroom retiled. Toilet troubles

Tom, I'm no plumber so I won't give you any plumbing advise but I will tell you this. Are you using a grinding wheel ( you know knid of looks like a round stone about 1/2 " thick) Becuse if you are you will be there for the next milenium. What you need is a cut off wheel ( round disk about

1/16" or so thick) this will act more like a saw blade and take a hell of alot less time to cut through the pipe.

Bill

Reply to
... ...

Tommy & Megan Price

Stuff a towel soaked in water down the drain. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Should have had that rag/towel in there from the git-go. Fumes I think, but every time I've seen that, and now I do it myself.

Reply to
ng_reader

Grinding and cutting are two different things. Grinding is kind of like high speed sanding for metal(without getting all technical) so the grinding wheel will take of varing amounts of metal depending on coarsness of the wheel and how long and how much pressure you apply. A cut off wheel on a grnder works like a blade on a circular saw ( again without getting all technical)so by using a cutoff wheel you can cut the pipe close if not flush with the floor. Yes you will get sparks and yes you should stuff a rag in the pipe.

Bill

Reply to
... ...

Reply to