Bathroom plumbing question......

I am renovating a bathroom and putting in a new vanity and toilet and tub. I want to move the toilet over about 6".,
Here is a shot taken from down below after I have removed the kitchen ceiling to get at everything. You can see there is a right angle from the flange, then into a 45 degree and then into a large T coupling and onwards to the down drain and sewer. I cannot move the big T over at all since a lot of other piping fed into it where it is.
http://clients.teksavvy.com/~bsaking/pipe.JPG
I need to move it over about 6" or so and I was wondering if I would have issues if I put another 45 degree after the one that is there. That would make a 2 section 90 degree bend (maybe better than just a 90 bend - less prone to clogging?).
I am not sure I have enough room to move the 6" I want by cutting the pipe shorter at the T alone. I guess there is nothing magic like a flex pipe for plumbing? lol.
Thanks, BSA

I don't know if it's my computer or your link, but I can't connect to see the photo.

Mike:
'Taint you...I can't get there either.

Mike:
'Taint you...I can't get there either.
Works fine for me...Vista/WM....

I tried my post this morning and it works perfectly for me - it may have been a server issue. I want to move the entire assembly 6" in the direction to the right towards the large T. If I wanted to move it the other way, there would be no issue at all, just add in some pipe.
thanks.

I tried my post this morning and it works perfectly for me - it may have been a server issue. I want to move the entire assembly 6" in the direction to the right towards the large T. If I wanted to move it the other way, there would be no issue at all, just add in some pipe.
The picture does not indicate left or right. As I understand it you want to move the drop towards the joist where the copper pipe is. Do you have 6" without cutting the joist?
45's are always fun for me to work with, mostly trial an error until I get it right. Using 2 45's would be fine but what I think will work better as I look at it from here, it to cut off the existing 45, couple and extend the pipe until a single 45 does the job. The longer the pipe is that goes into the T the shorter the travel to the flange.
I suspect you are only talking about a few inches of pipe to make the connection.
You should be able to get a feel for what you need to do before you cut the pipe by simply holding a new piece under the existing before you cut anything.
Then you will need to scab out for your drywall hanger joists.
--
Colbyt
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Sure. If all you want to do is move the assembly on the left 6 inches or so to the right, you can do it by just adding in the new 45 degree fitting as you described. The two 45's in sequence is no problem at all.

The link works fine for me under Firefox.

I could see the photo fine, but can't tell which direction the OP wants to move to,
Mikepier wrote:

The link is "clickable" and works for me on one of my computers and doesn't work on another. This happens to me all the time with links in Usenet newsgroups.
Whenever a link in a Usenet newsgroup doesn't work for me when clicking on it, I try cutting and pasting the link into the address bar. If you try that, I'll bet it will work because, in this case, the website address provided by the OP is a valid one.
I read somewhere that the problem with clcikable vs. not clickable links on Usenet newsgroups may be based on how the OP's newsreader is set up to post messages, and maybe which newsreader and browser settings the reader is using -- maybe something about messages being posted in HTML vs. plain text, etc -- I don't remember. All I do know is that when clicking on the link doesn't work, cutting and pasting it to the address bar will work if the URL/link is a valid address.

2 45's are fine.

Sounds like oyu want to move it a couple pipe diameters back towards the right (ie shorten the flow path a taste)
Adding another 45 just to the left of the existing 45 would be the "cleanest" flow path.
That said, I always find working with 45's a bit more challenging than simple 90's. But if the move to the right only has to be approximate (6" +/- 1/2") then you dont have to worry too much.
As another post suggested, glue up a 45 with single piece of pipe (but short) stubbed out. Place this sub-assembly under the existing installation and you can get a very good idea of the new set up. Mark & cut the existing angled pipe & oyu'll be good to go.
cheers Bob

Sounds like a plan that would work very well. Thanks guys! I think the dual 45's spaced a bit apart is a less restrictive flow path than one 90 degree piece that I was concerned about.
Cheers, BSA