Bat boxes

Hi all,
I'm considering installing some bat boxes in the woods abutting my property - we have had a lot of bugs this year and I like the idea of a natural solution. I'm in S. New Hampshire, so winters are very cold and snowy...
Questions:
Do the boxes need to be "baited" initially w/ anything to attract the bats to roost there?
Do the bats migrate out and then re-assume them as home seasonally?
How far up a tree do they need to be hung/mounted? I assume hang on North side to diminish effects of sunlight?
For a 2 acre cleared lot, are 2 or 3 boxes, strategically placed in surrounding woods, enough to make a dent in the overall bug population (assuming they are used by the bats)?
Is it too late this year to benefit from this, or should I wait until next spring?
Thanks for any/all responses!
Kevin O'
In article <NFcXa.2750$jg.1757143
says... :) I'm considering installing some bat boxes in the woods abutting my :) property - we have had a lot of bugs this year and I like the idea of a :) natural solution. I'm in S. New Hampshire, so winters are very cold and :) snowy... :) :) :) http://www.batcon.org/bhra/attracting.html http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/nreos/forest/steward/www21.html
--
We child proofed our home,
but they are still getting in.

Useful links. Thanks.