Basement finishing with french drain

I am laying a new floor for my sister who has a 1 1/2" gap french drain around 3/4 of the basement. It is the open kind where they have drilled holes in the cinder block and did not cover the french drain gap. I am laying Allure flooring down and was wondering if there is anything that I can do to dress up the edges so that the gap and the holes dont show but are still functional. Obviously I cannot do molding to cover the edges of the Allure unless I somehow frame the gap and holes but leave space for the walls to weep. Anyone have any ideas????

------------------------------------- Chuck Rogan

Reply to
chuckrogan

I am laying a new floor for my sister who has a 1 1/2" gap french drain around 3/4 of the basement. It is the open kind where they have drilled holes in the cinder block and did not cover the french drain gap. I am laying Allure flooring down and was wondering if there is anything that I can do to dress up the edges so that the gap and the holes dont show but are still functional. Obviously I cannot do molding to cover the edges of the Allure unless I somehow frame the gap and holes but leave space for the walls to weep. Anyone have any ideas????

------------------------------------- Chuck Rogan

Reply to
chuckrogan

Hardboard peg-board?

Reply to
Twayne

Some sort of built-up baseboad could cover the width of the gap, but how high up on the walls are the drilled holes? A photo would be nice.

Reply to
hrhofmann

this type of french drain wasnt meant for a finished space.....

call the original contractor a plastic wall weep system can be installed into the french drain, so all wall water runs into the drain, the outer edge can then be sealed.....

dont attempt to finish the space untill the wall is sealed, or high humidity can cause mold behind your new wall

Reply to
bob haller

this type of french drain wasnt meant for a finished space.....

call the original contractor a plastic wall weep system can be installed into the french drain, so all wall water runs into the drain, the outer edge can then be sealed.....

dont attempt to finish the space untill the wall is sealed, or high humidity can cause damage to your new floor

Reply to
bob haller