Basement drafty-heating system

I had my basement finished a few years ago. In order to hold down cost I let the contractor "tap into" the existing system to supply heating/cooling to the basement.
I'd now like to rectify the situation so that my heating cooling in the entire house isn't so "unbalanced".(summer - system struggles to cool upstairs, winter - system struggles to heat downstairs).
Any ideas as to the best course of action?? Heat pump, replace system with zoned heating.
TIA
Lord save us from money saving ideas, they almost always come back to bite us.
Put in a zoning system with the basement on a seperate zone.
Use the existing heating/cooling equipment, if a Manual J Load Calculation shows it is big enough. Since most systems are oversized, that will likely be the case.
Stretch
dk wrote:

Best course of action is to find a good contractor and ask them. Every situation is different. We don't know the size and age and condition of what you have, nor the loads etc. It needs someone on site to come up with the best solution. It is possible that you will get some good ideas here and you can maybe use some of them when talking to the contractor, but I suggest that your final source should be the contractor.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit