Baseboard with bi-fold doors

I have three closet openings with all drywall finished to the bottom and a continuous flow from the room into the closets. The closet doors are bi-fold with no wooden jamb or case molding on the sides. The bi-fold door hardware is fastened to the floor and drywall jamb.
After laying my hardwood floor, I want to install the baseboard which is 9/16" x 3 1/4". What's the best way to install the baseboard around the bi-fold doors and into the closet?
Thank you
On 8/17/14, 6:41 PM, Meanie wrote:

The best way ?? Don't.......
Either end the baseboard flush with the door opening; or run regular door trim molding around the door opening, and butt baseboard up to it (like you would with a regular passage door)
If necessary, just run some small inexpensive trim around the inside of the closet.
When the doors are closed, is the front of the door flush with the room wal ls, or is the door set back somewhat from the walls. If it is set back, yo u could frame the opening on the room side. Any kind of molding that would fill some of the space between the door and the front of the opening would be fine, whatever looks best to you. If the front of the door is flush, you have nothing to do. A piece of trim mounted vertically along the top of t he opening can be used to hide the sliding track for the doors.
On Sun, 17 Aug 2014 19:47:12 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"
My house is set up the same way. Bifolds set back in the opening. I simply cut the base-board to basically act as a "stop" for the bifold on the ones where there was not a large enough gap to pass the baseboard all the way through. The bifold door fits between the cut ends of the baseboard - and it looks pretty good.