Bamboo flooring problems?

We recently installed tongue and groove engineered bamboo flooring purchased through FastFloors.com. The manufacturer was "Click-On" and they were the wide planks.

After a few months we noticed the planks were cupping from end to end by as much as 1/16". Also, the edges are starting to peel up slightly.

This was installed over in floor heat however, this product is approved for this type of use.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this product and had similar problems with it? Is there a known fix? Did you try to have the manufacturer warranty the product?

Reply to
marcia.harris

I don't know this product but have a question as I see this from time to time with laminate floors. How are you cleaning them? I suspect that some water or cleaner gets into the joint and causes swelling at the end joints the length wise joints for some reaon don't seem to get this swelling.

Rich

Reply to
Rich

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the feedback. I am cleaning them with a swifter jet which has a pad on the end of it and sprays out cleaner specifically for hardwood floors and then wiping until they are dry.

Reply to
marcia.harris

Cupping is almost always caused by an increase in moisture, even just via humidity. Is it more humid in your area now than when you first installed the floors? Have you had heavy rains?

I would try running a dehumidifier in the room and see if it helps.

-- Jennifer

Reply to
Jennifer

I think the Swiffer is putting too much water on the flooring. I'd throw it out. I have the same type and the manual says to only wipe the floor with a lightly damp cloth. I have it in my bedroom and no problems now for 4 months.

~Melanie

Reply to
Melanie