Ballasts

Hi I need to change some older ballasts. I have universal ballast to replace them with. the older ballasts has more wires then the universial. How do I figure out which wires go to what? Is there maybe a website that shows you the wiring diagrams for older ballasts?
The new ballast has a diagram on it, just follow it