Bad neutral on 220VAC from pole to house. Every appliance ruined.

Page 2 of 2

Doug Miller wrote:

The downside to that is that you then have to pay your deductible, which by rights the power company should be paying. You may also lose any "no-claim" discounts you might have with the home insurance company.
Chris
@mail.usask.ca says...

If they collect from the utility company you'll get your deductible and quite likely "no-claim" status back. If not, it's time to find another insurance company.
--
Keith

When my dad was still alive, and living in Penna, he had a similar event. Half of his small town had the event, and the power company just said send us a bill. His wasn't quite so bad, he lost major appliances, refrigerator, TV etc. but, the power company behaved admirably.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You call the insurance company and the power company and let them fight it out.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
On 10 Feb 2007 21:09:49 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

IMHO, give your home owners policy company a call. I don't think you are the very first person who had lost a neutral from a pole.
Just curious, I'm guessing this is an older house without a ground rod and/or water grounding. Am I right?
tom @ www.YourMoneySavingTips.com
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Personally, I'd at least look into filing a claim on my homeowner's insurance, since it has replacement-cost coverage, and would cover getting the electrical-fire smell out of the house. Then the insurance company's subrogation department can go after the power company.
If the power company turns out to be reasonable to deal with and offers replcement cost up front, great.
http://www.phred.org/~josh