Awning (retractable) Info?

Hi all,
We're located in SE Arizona -- lots of sun, little rain.
We're considering installing a retractable awning on our south facing patio. We're in a condo so we don't have a nice east-facing patio so south will have to do. And before anyone springs the "Condominium rules...." issue on us, rest assured it's not an issue : )
Anyhow, we plan a DIY installation (yes we have the tools and skills : ) but can't seem to find any reviews of various suppliers of such awnings nor any useful independent installation tips and considerations.
A quick survey of the housing development area turns up several "SunLight" awnings but it appears they don't offer a DIY package.
We're initially envisioning an 18' by 10' manually operated, soffit mounted awning -- which matches the norm around here. Our "soffit" consists of 3" x 8" joists 24" OC.
I'd really appreciate any advise, experiences or leads you DIYers can offer.
DonC wrote:

This outfit is good to work with for the DIY'er. YMMV http://www.nuimageawnings.com/ProductInfo/patioawnings/patio.cfm
DonC wrote:

You'll want to roll them up at night incase of rain or heavy weather while you're sleeping, and during times of above-moderate winds, so the winding and unwinding is a frequent occurance. I use motorized awnings. You might want to reconsider getting manual.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

What brand do you have? Can you make any recommendations good or bad?
Thanks
try SunSetter,love it,easy install.