Avergae life expectancy of a dryer?

Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type, average model.

Don't know for sure but it's very long. There's not that much that goes wrong with them that can't easily be fixed.
Everyone I've had over 4 decades has been replaced simply because the washer has failed. We given (if not all) to family, friends or charity since they still worked.
: Anyone know? Not brand top end specific or anything but electric type, : average model.
I got a middle of the line whirlpool from 1982 still in use. Over the years I've replaced heating element, belt and rollers, and the temp sensors. Unfortunately the matching washer gave up the ghost about 10 yrs ago.

These guys say 14 years, but mine is 26 with one minor repair http://www.oldhouseweb.com/stories/Detailed/10382.shtml
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message to "Cshenk"

Thanks! Sounds about right. We just got a 3 yo used one (maytag). Family was military and shipped overseas. Price was decent at the maytag store which also sells used refurbished appliances. 150$ which includes delivery and haul away of the old one. Has a little cosmetic damage but nothing horrible and not rusted or anything like that. xxcarol

I replaced my dryer (Roper electric) last year. The old one had lasted 13 years.

Mark Lloyd
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:15:48 -0500, Mark Lloyd

I moved into my house 12 years ago. The dryer was there and is still going strong. I think it's a Kenmore. There are only two of us in the house though so it gets run once a week for a few cycles.