auctions hardwood flooring

I plan on installing hardwood flooring in my living room and have just started looking around for prices.I have noticed there are 2 or 3 auctions a month that sell hardwood flooring, supposedly at wholesale prices.Is there some sort of gimmick to this?Is it too good to be true?Is there a catch? Thanks
brent wrote:

i don't now about these auctions. i got a great deal on some 1 1/2" white oak flooring. turned out to be from a 100 year old mill so it didn't fit together worth a darn. my floor sander just about threw a fit when he saw it. it turned out beautiful, but if i had to do it over again, i'd spend the extra 50 cents a sf and get some better stuff.
Are these auctions in or near your home where you can go pick the stuff up? If you have to pay for shipping, or worse shipping AND handling , any savings will likely vanish quickly and then some. And of course, it will most likely be as-is, with no warranty or return. Good luck Larry