Attic insulation without vapor barrier

I have an older home with 6 inches of cellulose blown between the joists of an unfinished attic. There are about 10 inches of fiberglass batting on top of this. There is no vapor barrier.
I'm thinking of adding some more batting, but should I start over by removing the blown cellulose first , putting in a vapor barrior and then the batting? Or should I just forget about the vapor barrier? There is plenty of attic ventilation and no evidence of water damage.
Thanks, Tom
You can forget about the vapor barrier, because it's already there. One coat of oil-base paint, or two coats of latex semi-gloss, will give a perm rating of 0.99 or better. So your vapor barrier has probably already been painted into place. That doesn't, however, address the penetrations of wall openings between ceilings.