Attaching Pergola Post Footings to Concrete Slab

We enclosed our garage and want to cover the concrete slab (old driveay into garage) with a pergola attached to the house to make a covered patio. How do we attach the pergola posts to the concrete slab? Thanks.

Reply to
nitney49

Look at Simpson Strong Tie web site. They have a lot of metal connectors. TB

Reply to
tbasc

There are metal brackets that can be held in place with concrete anchors. check out

or a good lumberyard.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It is sort of hard to find decent looking ones. Lots of utilitarian options from Simpson and USP. Both companies have an architectural sseries that has some nice looking ones. Additional, the Lowe's near me has a metal post base. Its painted green and does what you want. (I have used it for your exact application) I painted mine brown. USP makes it IIRC but its not on their website.

Reply to
No