Attaching a wood strip to

John:
J > I am attempting to install a mirrored sliding glass door in a bedroom J > and the installation instructions call for nailing a wood strip about J > 3/4" of an inch wide onto the floor (a metal track then fits over this J > strip). The kit included concrete nails. I tried them on my terrazzo J > floor and all I have done was to shatter the terrazzo. J > J > What do I use to attach this strip to a terrazzo floor?
No direct experience but I would think Liquid Nails would do the job. This adhesive does come in a small tube (also a large cylinder for applying with a caulk gun). Be careful to only apply where you want it as difficult to remove.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* ALL - noun. A petroleum-based lubricant.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
snipped-for-privacy@rime.org (barry martin) wrote in message

<snip>
I assume you have concrete under the tile. If so, you could use a masonry bit and drill a hole through the tile and into the concrete and use masonry screws instead of the nails that came with your kit. Or, you can drill a pilot hole into the tile/concrete and then use the nails that came with the kit. Driving nails with a hammer directly into concrete isn't a good idea.