Aquastat Relay?

I am having a problem with my furnace it is a forced hot water system using old cast iron radiators. The burner will turn on when the thermostats call for it but the circulators will not turn on. If I tap on the aquastat relay (Honeywell L8148A0) a few times they will start for awhile usually until the burner lights again then the circulators will shut down again. Is there anything I can do short of calling a burner tech. It the relay repairable? What will it cost to have installed?

Thanks Scott

Reply to
Loafer

Is this the aquastat you have? This was the closest thing I found.

It sounds as if the switching relay might be dirty or have corrosion on the contacts. you can try cleaning it, but shut the power first when you do.

Reply to
Mikepier