Appropriate NG for outdoor / landscaping questions?

Before I start asking, I wanted to ask if this is an appropriate NG for questions regarding things like lawn repair, tree trimming, weed / bee removal, and other landscaping questions? If not, can you guys refer me to one?

Reply to
Jason Carlton

"Jason Carlton" wrote

It works here too. Plenty of questions and answers on such. Like, now is the time many trees get trimed (depends on type, some trim in spring). Now is best time to fertilize and reseed a lawn (people far north of zone 7 are past that optimal time)

Reply to
cshenk

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure :-)

Reply to
Jason Carlton

Crosspost the questions to rec.gardens. That means you put BOTH NG addresses on the address line before hitting send. That way, responses from one NG will also be seen in the other and there won't be duplication of effort.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hehe most recent one was mine. Lost a tree (split in a windstorm) and the guys and gals here helped me with ideas for suitable ones to replace it. We are looking hard at apple or redbud. Right size for us. Oh and another fellow is looking for a tree company in Salem NH that does small jobs but I'm too far away to be able to help him.

Reply to
cshenk

Not to go off topic, but have you considered Japanese maple trees? I had a tulip tree planted too close to the house, and now it's starting to damage the roof, so 'm replacing it with a Fireglow that's only

6-10' when fully grown. Check it out:

Jason Carlton

Jason, Responses are limited today. Many posters will not reply to a Goggle group.

What I mean is that many folks FILTER. They are not interested.

Reply to
Oren

Thanks! They do have some nice ones there. I have some odd spots where a shorter one would work nicely.

Reply to
cshenk