Appliances with mechanical controls not electronics?

Seems lately my appliance failures are due to electronic failures. Dish washer now gone bad twice (Maytag quietseries 300.) Anyone know of appliances with mechanical control? Gas stove with all the heat is just waiting to fail. Upside washing dishes by hand not so bad not quick but not too bad. May be cleaner and use less water too.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements /

Welcome to the machine. When ever I take out a bad circuit board I like to take it under the sun and scrutinize it with my jewelers lenses. I have seen everything from what looked like snot to pubic hair. Thank you Chinese quality control. You should get a new handy- person. I always tell my clients to stick to what they got as long as possible because the new ones stink.
On 11/10/2010 4:27 PM, Molly Brown wrote:

Most of the problems I find with circuit boards are due to cold solder joints.
TDD

A couple of years ago I was looking for a gas range with no electronics. We bought a Bertazzoni as it had none. Amana washers I think are still mechanical. I've not seen a dishwasher without electronics though.

I refuse to buy stuff with electronic controls for a mechanical function. Panasonic microwave only exception to that rule.

Boy, are you cynical<G>.

But is he wrong??
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 06:37:11 -0800, Bill wrote:

I think you can buy a tin-foil hat which runs just from cranial heat. ;-)