Anyone moved to LED Lighting?

Page 10 of 16

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 03:48:19 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:

Using the Usenet STANDARD of "greater than" symbols is not just for the convenience of sighted people. News reader software for the blind depends on those symbol to find just the most recent post, and also be able to maneuver around a post, from fresh, to previous to 2nd previous, etc.
<salty> wrote:

Agreed. Following the standard makes it convenient for lazy people like me who really don't want to read every line of each post just to figure out which part was the last entry. Say what you like about how great your news client software is. If others find it difficult to follow they will ignore your posts.
That said, isn't this meta-thread getting a bit long and silly?
--

Regards,
Robert L Bass
Agreed. Following the standard makes it convenient for lazy people like me who really don't want to read every line of each post just to figure out which part was the last entry. Say what you like about how great your news client software is. If others find it difficult to follow they will ignore your posts.
That said, isn't this meta-thread getting a bit long and silly?
--

<salty> wrote:

Josepi wrote:

Welcome to my killfile, dumbass.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Perhaps so, but someone who top posts, does not use quoting conventions, gets all defensive when this is pointed out to him, and refers to a "newsreader" as a "browser" deserves at least a dope slap. Since I'm way too lazy to figure out where he lives and travel there to administer said dope slap in person, I have to settle for something easier.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Something we said?
Was it the signature link spamming the group or your Thunderbird "browser" you are "getting all defensive" about?
LOL
Perhaps so, but someone who top posts, does not use quoting conventions, gets all defensive when this is pointed out to him, and refers to a "newsreader" as a "browser" deserves at least a dope slap. Since I'm way too lazy to figure out where he lives and travel there to administer said dope slap in person, I have to settle for something easier.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

So you still think that people should post to Usenet with a "browser" as opposed to email/news or news software?
Meanwhile, his signature line is well within Usenet ettiquette - only 1 line more than the minimum of 1.
Furthermore, I notice now that your posts lack one more thing that usual news or email/news software adds: Mention of who wrote what you are responding to immediately before that gets quoted!
That makes the bad situation of lack of quotation symbols even worse for those who like to read Usenet newsgroups both expeditiously and effectively!
I add the following line along with missing "greater than" symbols:

<SNIP stuff already existing when Nate quoted it>

PLONK for unremitting idiocy
Get some real lights on that boat and a decent news browser so you can understand what you are reading.
LOL
PLONK for unremitting idiocy
Josepi wrote:

Oh, a nymshift, how clever. Get a life.
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

I wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't responded to the twit. My filter is working, and nym shifting won't get Joesepathetic around it.
Really?
wrote:
I wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't responded to the twit. My filter is working, and nym shifting won't get Josepawesome around it.
--
replace "stupid" with "dumb" to reply.
http://members.dumb.net/njnagel
Josephi wrote:

What are you, five?
Oh, and you're replying to the salty dog, not YT. So apparently can you not only quote correctly, but you can't follow attributions correctly, either.
(installs new, mo' betta filters)
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Are you sure you are Salty Dog? Do you always answer posts to somebody else and then complain about it?
That and your bottom posted spam message tells it all about your logic capabilties...LOL I will set my news browser to leave it in so you can actually see it in your grade two "Reader"
wrote: I wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't responded to the twit. My filter is working, and nym shifting won't get Josepawesome around it.

Just set your filters. (including the one in your head that when it sees a post that is obviously from someone you don't think is worth reading, it moves your eyes down the page to the next post)
My filters have caught them all so far and set them marked as read. If one should be missed, it won't matter, as I am the final filter.
Nymshifting is the obvious mark of a troll. Simply ignore the simpleton and move on.

Now are you not only failing to add quotation symbols to lines you quote, you are rewriting some of them.

<with half of his lines rewritten by Josepi>

Josepi wrote:

Oh, and if you *insist* on using Outhouse Express, at least configure it properly. And it's a "mail client" acting as a "newsreader" not a "browser," you fuckwit.
http://mailformat.dan.info/config/oex.html
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

I see the guy recommends "QuoteFix" which is what I used years ago when I had Outlook Express as my newsreader. I don't understand why so many people are resistant to bottom posting and following Usenet conventions. Some folks are just contrary.
TDD